Test your language skills
The Berlitz Online Placement Test
There are 68 questions in the test. Before you start the test you will read instructions in the support language. A multiple choice test is intuitive for the user.
You should answer every question. Points are not deducted for an incorrect answer, but an unanswered question is counted as “incorrect”.
TEST LENGTH: 30-35 minutes
The results are displayed on the screen and sent to the user’s email address as soon as the test is finished. A copy of the test results is also sent to the Language Center selected at the registration.
NOTE: if you took the test as a guest, you will see on-screen results only. If at this point you wish to register in order to receive your detailed test results, please enter your email in the “Login or Register” section of your on-screen test results and click “Continue”.
You will be taken to the registration screen (refer to point 4 above).
This is the Berlitz level at which the test taker is assessed. In the example below, the student was assessed as “Berlitz Level 1”.
This is a Berlitz Level program or a choice of two programs that would be most suitable based on the results of this test. In the example below, the user has a choice between program Level 1 or 2. Questions the user might ask to decide are:
- How much review would I like to have?
- How much will I be able to study outside of class?
A Berlitz Representative can help with this decision.
Before you start the test, it is essential to make sure that your computer meets the following minimum technical requirements:
- Sound card, external speakers or a headset.
- Any "evergreen" browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox or IE10 and higher).
- Supported OS: Win10, Win8, Win7 or latest MacOS.
For handheld device users (smartphones and tablets):
- Supported mobile OS: latest versions of iOS, Android or Windows phone.
- Supported mobile browsers: latest versions of Safari, Chrome or Firefox.